Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Word On "Loving My Life".... and ALL that comes with it

"Let's face it, It's not always a walk in the park on a Gorgeous Summer's Day. But when all is said and done, I LOVE it! I am devoted to being open and honest. You couldn't make this stuff up! Such is my story. There is Drama and horror, that's why I Blog it. And I want the chance to be candid, that's why it's private."

This is my explanation in case anyone wonders why this particular Blog, "Loving My Life and ALL that comes with it" is private while my other 2 are open.

I take the approach that everything is on the table.

I have no skeletons in my closet. I allow people to know the FULL story.

I love knowing that if someone were to walk up to My Husband, or really anyone else like My Mother, or My Children and say something along the lines of "Did you know that Candace did.....?" They could confidently say, "Yes, I knew that already."

There is NOTHING any media could bring up, or any slighted "Ex" could reveal that isn't already on the table. In fact, I have the sort of luck that it doesn't matter that I am a "Nobody" from a rural town in the Middle of Nowhere. Almost ALL of my "Incidents" and anything I might like to NOT have broadcast, makes the Local Paper. There is NOTHING like your Bishop, Relief Society President, Visiting Teaching Companion, and LandLord knowing exactly what is going on in your life because they read the newspaper. So by the time you bring it up, it's old news.

When David and I were first dating, in an effort to deter him from seriously pursuing me, a well meaning Friend, who I am happy to say I am even closer to now than I was then, told my soon to be In-Laws things that I think shocked at least my Sister-In-Law.... who was young and didn't need to know that sort of stuff.

But I think it worked out for the best. Because it allowed me to work with it rather than run from it. It helped me get to where I am now with my ability to be completely open and honest.

Not to mention it helped me trust that David TRULY loved me even with all of my past "mistakes," and that he wouldn't run at the first sign of trouble or scandal.

The thing is that I KNOW that not everyone needs the "gory" details. Some just want the surface, and that's fine by me. Thus, it is in my Private Blog that I include these details, and if people want to know, they just have to ask. And those who are happy with the basics, get just that. My Mother, My Husband, My Children, and My Closest Friends know EVERYTHING. And if I've left something out, all they have to do is ask. But at least with David, I know there are no surprises in store. Even the most shocking revelations would bore him ;-)

Just a quick example: When we were at the beginning of our Divorce, I was living at my Cousin's with The Girls. David came into town, and over dinner, I announced that I was filing for Divorce. The next night, we went out to dinner again since.... well, he was trying to convince me to reconsider. He wanted to show me that he would be helpful, by coming back "home" with me and helping me get The Girls to bed so that I didn't have to do it all alone. One thing led to another, and he spent the night. My Cousin, who isn't "all there" anyway, walked into my room without much warning the next morning. I had David hide down by the side of the bed. I'm sure she saw him.... but being the space case she is, didn't know who it was.

A couple of months later, at the end of the Divorce, she called David and left him a message telling him that she had some "dirt" on me that would proove that the Divorce wasn't his fault.... because I was cheating on him. (David and I Divorced more peacefully than we had been married. We filled out the papers together, agreed on EVERYTHING and managed to get a Divorce for under $30 and without any court appearences or Lawyers. So by the time she called him, we were Good Friends. He shared the message with me, and told me he knew all there was to know, and wasn't going to bother calling her.) Now, while this ultimately ruined my relationship with HER, I was very secure knowing that there were no surprises I needed to fear.

When people choose to support me, love me, stand by me, etc. I want it to be real. Not based on the part of the story I've edited to make me sound good. So, unlike Adam Peeples professes, I truly mean it when I say: If you know me, you know what I stand for, and if you don't then just ask.... and you will actually get the truth and a real answer. Rather than accusations and rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment