Thursday, October 14, 2010

Welcome to the 22nd Century

I am a "Traditional" person. I went to school. Was involved in extra curricular activities. Dated boys, lettered in Music, dated boys. Got married. Had children.

Yes, I march to my own beat. But 9 out of ten times, it fits into the lines of what society finds to be acceptable.

I have a Traditional Family. 1 Mom+1 Dad= at LEAST 2.5 kids. We drive a mini van. Elysia is in Dance. David gets up every morning and goes to work while I care for our home and Children.... and do what I can to run a successful in home business.

And with all of the controversy on alternate lifestyles, the Traditional is slowly becoming the "going against the flow" choice.

As the alternative lifestyle participants fight to become mainstream, we begin to take a seat farther and farther back.

And now, I run into situations where people think there is something wrong with my family because we are tied to the demands of Traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment