Tuesday, May 25, 2010

8: The Mormon Proposition

It's always good to defend your beliefs, just make sure you get your facts straight when attacking something you disagree with. To all my Gay and Lesbian Friends and Family, I love you. However, the LDS Church is misrepresented in a lot of the views presented by supporters of the new movie. Just for example: The "Age of Accountability" is NOT 6. It's 8. I also recommend you look into the percentage of NON LDS people who voted for Prop 8. It wasn't the Church. It was the people of CA.

For any of you who read this who stay out of this kind of debate, I apologize. I chose to post this here vs FB because it's less attacking in my mind since this is my Blog.

Let me just say this: The movie coming out this summer called "8: The Mormon Proposition. Equality for some" Is a movie written and produced by people who USED to be Mormons. No one who has never been a Mormon would ever care enough to go this far. It's bitter people who don't like the Church's stand on Gay Marriages that care enough to make this film. What they overlook is how much the Catholic Church participated in the passing of Proposition 8.

Anyhow, you might be hearing a lot more on this topic from me as this movie is released. It attacks things that mean a great deal to me, and I for one am not quiet about things I believe in.

2 comments:

  1. Candace, another great blog for me to follow. I hope this is a stepping stone to getting your own column. Also could you possibly change the blog background, that damned red and blue flower thingey gets in the way of reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments. And the suggestion. When I have a chance, I will change that :-)

    ReplyDelete